Part of the powers and duties of the FACT Board of Trustees is to “advise the Department of Social Services, the Board of Social Services, and the Governor on matters concerning programs for the prevention of child abuse and neglect and family violence, the treatment of abused and neglected children and their families, and such other issues related to child abuse and neglect and family violence as identified by the Commissioner.”
The following letters and statements were voted on my the FACT Board of Trustees to advise Virginia leaders and policy makers on the prevention and treatment of family violence across the lifespan and the protection of children across the Commonwealth.
- July 2020, Letter to Commissioner Storen
- July 2019, CAPTA Report, Letter to Commissioner Storen
- July 9, Family Detainment at U.S. Border, FACT Board of Trustees’ statement
- May 14, CAPTA Report, Letter to Commissioner Storen
- February 27, Trauma-Informed Care/Kinship/Medicaid Expansion, Letter to Governor Northham
- March 15, Senate Bill 1239-Child Care Exceptions, Letter to Governor McAuliffe