FACT provides up to $3,000 in ad hoc financial support to organizations that host statewide activities that improve the prevention, treatment, or public awareness of family violence. View FACT’s small grant award policy below, or for a PDF version, click here.
FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S TRUST FUND SMALL GRANT AWARDS POLICY STATEMENT
Funding will be provided on a reimbursement basis upon approval of an invoice submitted within 30 days of completion of the awarded project.
Pursuant to Virginia Code § 2.2-4303 G and H, the Family and Children’s Trust Fund (FACT) hereby adopts the following small purchase procedures.
The following policy shall apply to grants awarded by FACT when the aggregate or the sum of all purchases of any contract or grant award is expected to exceed $5,000.
Requests for Proposals (RFPs):
- The board will only consider requests for activities that improve the prevention, treatment, or public awareness of family violence and have a statewide impact.
- Requests must be submitted in writing to FACT’s Executive Director.
- Requests must be submitted no later than the dates outlined below. If requests are received following each quarterly submission deadline, they will be considered at the next, regularly scheduled board meeting: February 28th for consideration at the March Board meeting;-May 31st for consideration at the June Board meeting; August 31st for consideration at the September Board meeting; November 30th for consideration at the December Board meeting
- Requests must be submitted so that the request is considered by the board at least two months in advance of the event taking place.
- Requests must include an overview of the activity, the funding request amount, the specific activities that will be supported by FACT funds, the target audience, and the estimated number of people impacted.
- Requests will be presented and voted on by the board at a regularly scheduled or special board meeting.
- Organizations submitting requests are eligible to receive no more than one ad hoc grant per fiscal year.
- Materials associated with the event must include the official FACT logo.*
- A FACT Ad Hoc Summary Report must be completed and submitted within 30 days of the event.*
Example Summary Report:-How many attended the event?
-What professions were represented?
-What topics were covered?
-Please provide any evaluation measures collected.
July 21, 2022